There has been a major breakthrough in dental implant technology. It’s called All-on-4®, and it can help patients in replacing all of their teeth in just one day. But to understand the full impact of this innovation, you first need to understand dental implants themselves.
What Are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are a natural-looking, permanent solution for missing or severely damaged teeth. During this minor surgical procedure, an oral surgeon will insert a titanium implant into the gums in place of the missing tooth. Over time, the implant fuses to the jawbone, making it a permanent fixture. The dentist will then place a custom-made prosthetic tooth over the implant that blends in perfectly with the surrounding teeth. These implants are great for a number of reasons:
- They feel completely natural. Because they fuse to the jawbone, they act as normal teeth. This means you don’t have to worry about eating crunchy foods!
- They are easily maintained. These implants don’t just feel natural, they act like natural teeth too! You just need to brush and floss regularly, and your implants will last you a lifetime.
- They last forever. Implants have an extremely high percentage of success. Meaning, with proper oral hygiene, they should last the rest of your life.
With all of the benefits of dental implants, you can imagine why dentists would want to implement this technology for larger uses. This is where All-on-4® comes in.
What is All-on-4®?
Now, dentists have moved beyond simply inserting one tooth per one titanium implant. In fact, All-on-4® has adapted this process so an entire arch of missing teeth can be replaced with just four of these titanium implants. This means if someone is in need of a full set of teeth, they can have a permanently affixed solution instead of having to use removable dentures, which require more extensive care and take time to fit with total comfort.
To apply the All-on-4® method, your dentist will simply insert four titanium implants into the top of the jaw and four into the bottom. The implants are inserted at an angle in this method, allowing for more stability and also requiring less support from the jaw (so no bone grafting procedures are required!). We will then attach a full arch of prosthetic teeth onto each set of implants.
So what are the benefits of this kind of treatment, particularly over removable dentures? There are actually quite a few:
- Immediate Results – Each set of four implants and their accompanying tray takes about 2.5 hours to set in place. This means you can have a full smile in as little as a day.
- Low Maintenance – These prosthetics can be treated just like normal, healthy teeth. They only require regular flossing and brushing to remain in good condition.
- Long-Lasting Results – Like the dental implants explained above, All-on-4® is a permanent solution. Your teeth never have to be removed, and they can last a lifetime.
- Improved Quality of Life – With All-on-4®, you can eat whatever you’d like, whenever you want. They’re very comfortable while eating, sleeping, and speaking, and they look fantastic!
Caputo Dental is very proud to offer this innovative treatment to our patients in need of a new set of teeth. The results truly are incredible—they look great and are very comfortable! If you’re interested in receiving the All-on-4® treatment, call our office today to schedule a consultation.