Children’s Dentistry in Naperville, IL
Tooth decay is the most common childhood illness in the United States. Untreated tooth decay can cause pain and infections that may lead to problems with eating, speaking, playing, and learning. Dr. Caputo is a highly qualified family dentists, now offering comprehensive children’s preventive and restorative dental care. Protect your child’s good dental health and schedule a children’s dental checkup appointment with our kid friendly Naperville office today.
Why Is Children’s Dentistry So Important?
Healthy teeth are important at every stage of life, but their especially important for your child’s healthy growth and development. Early childhood tooth decay can lead to a host of dental and developmental problems for children including:
- Tooth loss
- Ear and speech problems
- Crooked permanent teeth
- Severe pain
- Poor self-image
- Tooth decay
How Do Children’s Dentistry Appointments Protect Children?
Fortunately, tooth decay and other children’s oral health concerns are preventable. Dr. Caputo and Dr. Drescher can help prevent childhood tooth decay with preventive dental checkups and cleanings that include:
- Dental Sealants: A dental sealant creates a barrier against decay. Sealants are thin plastic coatings applied gently to the chewing surfaces of your child's permanent back teeth, where most cavities form. Applying a sealant is not at all and can be performed in one visit.
- Fluoride Treatments: Fluoride supplementation one of the best ways to prevent tooth decay in children. Fluoride is a naturally occurring mineral that combines with tooth enamel to courage strength and durability.
How Can You Protect Your Child’s Dental Health?
From the time your child is born, you can take action to promote healthy teeth and prevent cavities.
- Start cleaning your child’s teeth as soon as they come in.
- Teach your child to brush twice a day for at least two minutes.
- Protect your child’s teeth with fluoride toothpaste.
- Give your child healthy drinks and snacks.
- Bring your child in for a regular checkup starting at age one and every six months thereafter.
Naperville Children’s Dentistry Appointments
Dr. Caputo and Dr. Drescher welcome patients of all ages and is well qualified to provide the gentle and compassionate but comprehensive dental care your child needs to build a foundation for a lifetime of good oral health. If it has been more than six months since your child’s last dental checkup, schedule the dental appointment they need to stay healthy with our Naperville office today